9/16/08

My brother in law, Cancer Free!



Above is my sister Brandi, her husband Paul, and their two boys, Jonathan and Michael. Paul was diagnosed with cancer 5 years ago and they went through a lot. Today has been 5 years and he is cancer free. Here is an encouraging letter from him to all our family and friends. We love you Paul!


September 11, 2008

Dear Family and Friends,

We never thought this day would come. Today marks five years ago that I was diagnosed with cancer when a lump was found in one of my salivary glands during a routine physical. God led us to a wonderful surgeon who removed it and broke the news to us that it was cancerous. God also led us to a wonderful oncologist where I under went 8 weeks of daily radiation. The doctor and her staff were so incredibly warm and kind during this scary time. We know that God led us to these wonderful doctors. While it was not easy during this time dealing with all the emotions, weight loss, voice loss, and being out of work; God sent many angels to take care of us—all of you guys. You guys were amazing during this time with all your cards, meals, visits, and most of all prayers. I received so many cards Brandi made a scrapbook with all of them. You all were there for me when I was asked to carry the survivor torch at the Relay for Life walk a few months after completing treatment. You all have been here for us so much during these past five years and you do not know how much we appreciate it. You all have prayed for us every 6 months as I have had my continuous scans these past five years and when I had surgery again 2 years ago due to a suspicious spot that thankfully came back benign.

We are so grateful to God for what he has done in our lives. Our lives could have been completely different if it had not been for God’s mighty healing hand. We are forever grateful to Him for healing me and keeping me cancer free. We consider our 2 precious boys true gifts from Him because without God’s grace we could have possibly never had the opportunity to have kids. This trial in our life has forever changed so many things in both of our lives.

We thank God for you all. You have no idea what you all have meant to us during this time. The chances of my cancer coming back have considerably dropped, but I am sure Brandi will continue to have me routinely go for scans!!!

We love you all!!!

In Christ,

Paul, Brandi, Jonathan, and Michael Bradley

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and our strength, a very present help in trouble.

Jeremiah 32:27 Behold I am the Lord the God of all flesh; is there anything too hard for me?

Isaiah 41:13 For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, fear not, I will help thee.

1 comment:

Jacob and Jessica Willis said...

I had no idea he had cancer! Praise the Lord that he is healed!!!

Popular Posts