10/19/09

Pumpkin is 10 months

MACKENZIE IS 10 MONTHS OLD!! Photo shoot below.
She says "mama, da da, ba-ba (bottle & bye bye), D-D (David)" D-D is my favorite.
She smiles and laughs at everything.
She LOVES her daddy.
She is super tiny and petite. But, still has some baby rolls. Her checkup is soon.
She has enough hair for pig tails now which is my favorite.
She sleeps 8p to 8a with 2 naps.




David:
He is becoming such a good boy and a big help to mommy! (He is still a big time Mamas Boy.... which i love!!)
My friend and I are teaching preschool with him and her little girl. We rotate days/ houses on Tuesdays & Thursdays while our other babies nap. It is going great and I am amazed at how much they are learning! The best part is.... it's free!
He is also becoming very independent. He will just disappear and go potty & wash hands by himself.
I have to clean the potty and floor every day though b/c he gets distracted while he goes.
Loves riding his bike, his toy trucks and trailers, hotwheels, and will sit in the floor and do puzzles now.
He sleeps 8a to 8p, no naps. whew.
Say's some of the cutest and awful-est things I've ever heard. ie:
When he needs your attention and I'm busy, he'll say, "excuse me. I need something please."
He says, "I love mama. I love dinner. I love holly. I love daddy. I love my friend Kenzie. (It still hasn't sunk in she's his sister)

Not so cute things he says. ie:
Just to preface.... these are the things David hates : thunder (funder). shots from the doctor.
"I wanna hit Kenzie! She don't touch my trucks!"
I say, "No David, you can share. And we don't hit."
He'll say, "I want Kenzie go bye bye and get a shot and go in the funder!!"
He wishes all the things he hates the most upon whomever he is mad at. If I take a toy from him, he'll tell me to go in the funder.
Oh, boy. Sometimes it is hard not to laugh. Why are little kids so angry sometimes? What do they have to be so angry about?
I just don't get it!
Anyway, I often tell him that he has a good life and is lucky to have toys. I also tell him he is lucky to have a sister. That some children don't have siblings.

I mean.....can you really rationalize with a 3 year old? Not really.
He loves his friends. He talks about them every day. Today was his playgroup Halloween party and he is a firefighter for Halloween! (His choice, of course!)

Here is also another regular scenario around here. David will fall asleep some days on the couch and Tim loves to wake him up when he comes home!

Tim:
He started a job doing sales for Crystal Springs water a couple of months ago. He loves the company and is doing well there. They had a huge party this weekend and rented out Dave and Busters. They are big donors for the "Susan G. Komen, Race for the Cure" program. We had a great time and it is fun because my brother in law has worked there a long time and now we get to go to all the parties together!
Me:
There is not one day that goes by that I don't regret my mini-van. I love it. Tim has named it, "La Leche Grande". It means, The Big Milk. He just thinks he is so funny. I haven't decided if I am going to fight it. I just really don't care because people can call it whatever they want. I am happy. My days are still pretty spontaneous with both of the kids, but I am still writing as the Atlanta Frugal Living Examiner, and I just recently decided to become an independent jewelry seller for Stella and Dot. I am going to try and make a little extra money for the holidays.... and for fun! Both are 2 things I'm passionate about, writing and jewelry...haha!! Both are super part time (i do them at home during nap/quiet time) as my full time job is being a mommy. I just have to have a few outlets for sanity, fun, and adult time. I love staying busy, but also have big down time! It's a hard balance, something I work at continually. I think that is super important.

We went to a spectacular wedding this weekend in the north Ga. mountains. Brittany is a wedding planner, so of course everything was just jaw dropping. This song was their first dance, so fun. Her mother made all the guests hand made pottery! Beautiful was an understatement. It was cold, but leaves were falling, mountains surrounded us, and the food was incredible. We also had a blast on the dance floor with some old college friends ;)
Congrats, Brittany and Vince! We had an amazing night.





So, this has been our October so far.... more pumpkin festivities to come!!!

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

You've got two cuties on your hands!

Popular Posts