3/15/10

March in Pics

March Maddness is true!! Here is the first half of the month's highlights!
Our Anniversary at the W


Kids Easter Egg Hunt in Atlanta

My 4 Little Loves. Micheal. David. Jonathan. Mackenzie.

Little Bit

The Best Macaroni & Cheese on the Planet, better than Paula Deens.




12 ounces dried elbow macaroni (2 cups)
1/2 cup chopped onion (I use onion powder so its whatever you prefer. Usually about 1/2 to 1 tbs.)
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-puprose flour
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups shredder american cheese
(I usually use sharp and mild cheddar but its really whatever you prefer. I also put in a little more than it calls for.)
1. Cook macaroni. drain and put noodles in a 2 quart casserole. set aside.
2. Meanwhile for cheese sauce, in a medium saucepan, cook onion(or onion powder) in hot butter until tender not brown. Stir in flour and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. I would say about 5-10 minutes. You will have to stir constantly so it doesn't clump up. Add cheeses, stir until melted. Add sauce to noodles and mix well. This is when I add extra cheese and stir in. I also sprinkle cheese on top.
3. Bake uncovered, 350 degrees, for 25 to 30 minutes.

No comments:

Popular Posts