12/20/11

Tis the Season

Ok! Here we go, I'm going to do one massive post and sum up our December!!

First, I found a bedroom suite for $50. Yep, $50. I sold our old one and wanted to re-finish this one. I have started a pseudo business buying and re-selling furniture, its really fun for me!
Anyway, I will probably re-sell this one, but I am using it until I find another one =)
The only catch with the set was this..... it was in a house fire!! Ha! No, really. Tim picked it up from an abandoned house that the kitchen had caught on fire there. It was not in the fire, but had dust and soot on it.
Anyway, he brought it home. It was a mess, but able to be completely salvaged. I cleaned the whole thing out, sanded it down, and re-painted it. It is solid wood, black, with silver hardware. Looks awesome, no smoke smell... you would never know unless someone asked, "Hey where did you get that?" And I respond, "Hey from a house fire in an abandoned house that someone sold me." Awesome. It turned out pretty good I think and I just spent a Saturday doing it. Here is pictures of it! Take a good look b/c it will probably be sold when I find another one to restore!

I also have really found some creative ways to organize our things.... here is the door to our bedroom...

Behind the door.... I put up tie organizers and a scarf ring. All that stuff was taking up too much room in the closet.... and with a super small closet, they had to go.

Here is Mackenzie on her birthday morning, we went to church and she loves her classroom there. They sang to her and we had a big banquet that morning so it was fun!
Later, we took her to Chuck E Cheese. So funny to me. She has never been there, yet she knew exactly what it was and couldnt wait to go.

Her and daddy in the ticket blaster


I think the adults had more fun than the kids! They were all quite the skee-ball pros!

Greg...
Tim is hilarious. I always know when he is super happy and fulfilled with his work b/c he comes home and has so much energy for other things. Remember all the trees we took down at Nellie Mae in the spring? He chopped all the wood and sold it this winter for firewood. The leftover logs he turned into Chainsaw bears! (And a pig). He has been selling them like crazy!
He also started the deck- there is a picture when they began to break ground. We are close to finishing so I will post pictures of the project soon!
Tim also had a nasty burn this month. 3 weeks ago he blowtorched his hand while welding copper with a 2000 degree flame. It was pretty bad at first and was on the verge of having to get a skin graph. Thanks to our family nurse, Cynthia, he had to dress it twice a day and now looks almost healed!

My parents surprised us the day after thanksgiving and we spent the day at Stone Mountain Christmas, it was amazing! Here is the snow angel, and the picture after is Mackenzie's face when she saw her!


All the cousins...

Seeing Santa

Cookie swap with some friends...

All warm and toasty and ready to celebrate!
We've had a great season so far! I did my shopping, decorating, and christmas cards at the end of November and it has been fun to just enjoy it all now! Every year I say it, but the kids are at the best age right now. They are just soaking it all in and we are enjoying them so much. You know when you go through a season of just being in a good rythm? That's how I feel right now. And I am thankful to just be enjoying where we are. And I'm more excited about where we are going. Sometimes that makes the "where you are now" even better when you know where you are tracking to.

Blessings to your families during Christmas!!!

No comments:

Popular Posts