9/2/09

Wild Angels

I have a lot to update about, so check back for a while...... Tim got a new job, we took a 1 1/2 weeks of vacation, and we have been doing some big house projects!

But, I have to start from the beginning....

Miss Mackenzie has turned 8 months old!!


As you can see, those darn teeth have not come in yet! But, we have come a long way. She is actually on a schedule down to the minute and has ended the screaming fits at bedtime. I run a tight ship with her and David and they are both pretty much on the same schedule, minus naps. She is still a crier at bedtime, but she is super happy all the time. Another fun fact about Mackenzie is that she has started these girly squeals and hits octaves I have never heard. She is definitely Daddy's Girl and looks just like Tim. I kinda think my eyes a little.....

Anyway, let me just tell you what Mackenzie decided to do to celebrate turning 8 months. Her and David plotted on me. Here we go. This is a true story and should not be attempted at home.

So, it's almost the end of the summer and I have successfully taken both kids to the pool by myself all summer with no injuries......so I thought. We were packing up to leave the pool (dang it and if you really want to know why we were leaving it's b/c I told David it was time to go and he told me no and called me a jerk. ???? Needless to say, he only said that word once. Because once was all it took to me to get that out of him.) 3 year olds.....sheesh. ANYWAY, Mackenzie was almost alseep so I wrapped her up in her towel and put her in her carseat that was locked inside the stoller (you know the travel system combo). I pulled the bar up and closed the shades to walk her to the car. I turn around to get my bag and grab David's hand. I hear a SMACK and hear screaming. Mackenzie had UNWRAPPED herself from the towel, pulled the shades back, and used the bar to pull herself out of the stroller and fell onto the cement. I FREAK.
She is fine, but crying and since I didn't see it, I call the doctor and they want to see her immediately. In the midst, David for some reason flips out and runs and jumps into the pool. Seriously? My 7 month pregnant friend jumps in after him because he goes straight to the bottom. He always has a life vest on near the pool, but remember.....we were trying to leave.

End of story, both kids were totally fine. Mackenzie had a small bump on her forehead miraculously. Not even a bruise. Apparently, the toughest bone in the head is your forehead and she was herself about 30 minutes later. The child is tough as nails. Everyone was fine except me!! The guilt just kills you. I just physically watch them both 24/7 and something still happens. It is so hard.

So, this was the event that kicked off all the chain of events that are to come. Tim says it's the day that both our kids tried to commit suicide. Anyway, I really probably sound like the worst mom ever, but I exhaust my efforts to keep an eye on them and safe at all times. They are both just so wild, wild little angels.
Thankfully, it was all uphill from here. More posts to come.

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Love the family pic on the top of the blog and can't wait to hear what else happens!!!

Kate Kear said...

I absolutely love hearing about your momma adventures! I think that our children would get along great since Brennan is now becoming Mister Monkey himself.

Ashley said...

Love the new header and the pics of Mackenzie. I can't believe how big she's getting! Where does the time go?

Chad and Kristin Pendley said...

You seriously crack me up! There is never a dull moment in your house. I am so glad both of the kiddos are fine. I would of freaked, too! Mackenzie's toothless grin is so precious. She is getting so big!

Scott and Katie said...

Wow...is all I can say. You are not the worst mother ever. We all have stories believe me. I can believe your little girl is 8 months old already.

Cecilia said...

You have all kinds of adventures it sounds like, but you sound like you handle it well! Love your header pic too.

Cynthia Cooley said...

I just had to ready this post alous to Mark-needless to say-we are both dying laughing!!!

natalie said...

OH my gosh! I am way behind on reading my blogs..and when I read this I was brushing my teeth..and I read the part about david jumping in the pool..and I laugh/freak out and toothpaste goes everywhere..computer, desk, keyboard. I'm so glad everyone's fine. I think we would make a killing with a reality show. btw--love the stuff you've done to the house!

Popular Posts