9/15/09

Escapades

Here is finally our pics from our vacation/staycation we went on!
In between Tim's new job, we had 1 1/2 weeks and did a lot of stuff. We finished our house projects (posted here), worked in the yard, did some massive cleaning, baking, and organizing (okay, that was mainly me), went to the Georgia Aquarium, Dahlonega (where we met), and had an overnight date in Athens while Tim's parents kept the kids!

It was VERY relaxing, which was the whole goal. After our last trip to try the beach, click here, we decided to keep it low key.

Now, 2 stories from our crazy life.

Saturday: Mackenzie and I are driving back home from seeing my family. She is crying because it is past her naptime. I decide to hold off on gas for a few exits and hope she goes to sleep. Instead, I run out of gas and coast off the next exit. Thank the Lord it was all downhill and I rolled into a gas station. I get out and grab my wallet, only to find my wallet is gone. I had grabbed my diaper bag and forgot to put my wallet in there. So, all I find is a checkbook at the bottom of my diaper bag. I take my crying baby out and we go in to see if we can write a check. The guy at the counter is a complete tool, our conversation:
Me: "Hey, I ran out of gas....I don't have my wallet, but will you take a personal check?"
Tool: "No, no checks."
Me: "How about just a $5.00 check??? This is all I have and I can make it home on that?"
Tool: "Nope, no checks."
I reach into my bag to get my cell phone and discover it is dead. great.
Me: "Can I please use your phone? I need to call someone to come help me?" (M still crying).
Tool: "No, you cannot use this phone."
I don't know why, but I just burst into tears. I don't cry a lot so I'm not sure what happened, but I didn't know what else to do.
Tool: "Fine, you can use this phone, but I'll dial the number and stand right here."
As all of this is happening, I guess some customers witnessed this whole mess. A lady came running up and gave the tool a nasty look. She was my angel.
Angel to me: " Honey, hang up the phone. I will pay for your gas, lets go outside and get out of here." M stopped crying.
Me: disbelief, then "Oh my gosh, thank you so much. All I need is $5 to get home. Please let me write you a check."
Angel : "I won't except any money and put in as much as you want. I am so sorry for his rudeness to you. So many people have helped me out in my life. Just return the favor to someone else when they need it." She hugged me, paid for my gas, and left. wow.
I think I still was crying because she was so nice. I put $5 in and made it home, still trying to figure out what just happened.

So, Sunday:

David caught a stomach bug. I think one of the most humbling things that I have done is cleaning up throw-up. It's so awful. I do not ever think I could be a nurse, God bless them. Low temps, aches, and throw-up. That's what went on for about 24 hours. No idea where it came....possibly a cheeseburger from BK.... Possibly another child... who the heck knows.
M caught it Monday morning. This has been my day: throw up, wash clothes, clean, throw up, wash clothes, clean.

Anyway, everyone is well here today. Happy Tuesday. Except me, I feel like I got run over by a garbage truck. Just being around all of it makes you feel YUCK. I am also super sleep deprived from the all night escapades. And, I think I have lost 6 lbs in 3 days because I have no appetite from everything I have seen.

haha, other than these events, I cannot complain. David's 3rd birthday is Saturday so I am trying to pull myself together! Motrin and coffee are my best friends today!

Lamentations 3:22-23 (New International Version)

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.



more to come about tims job and the bday boy...

4 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

That's SO sweet about the lady who bought your gas! I would have busted out crying too! I'm sorry the kids have been sick. Throw is definitely the worst sickness! I hope you can catch up on your sleep.

Cecilia said...

I'm glad there are still nice people in the world who will help out. I wonder sometimes about people's numbness! Hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

i think you should turn your blog into a book...i would buy it and read it over and over! hope you never have to go back to that gas station again!!

Ashley said...

Wow...what a nice lady. Now that I'm a mom, I've gained such an understanding for other moms in a bind or just women in general. I definitely have a new respect. That is so awesome. I can't believe David is going to be three.

Popular Posts