2/18/11

Connected

I have to read books or my brain feels like it's turning to mush being around babies all day!


And among lots of answered prayers recently, God has answered a big prayer since we've moved here: connection.



We have found a home at Stonebridge Church here in Marietta and joined a weekly small group. I also joined a huge Mom's Bible Study at Church of the Apostles that meets weekly. I can't tell you how incredible it has been to have 2 consistent groups studying God's Word with. I love that we are meeting people and I love that I am constantly being reminded of the truth throughout the week. When we were on staff with a college ministry for 2 years, one of the biggest values we have pulled away is being immersed in a community of believers. We naturally find ourselves around non-christians b/c that is our passion, but it is hard to build up an intentional environment where we are not only finding our own friendships, but the kid's parents our children will be friends with too.
Here is the book we are reading with our small group.
Death by Suburbs- Keeping the suburbs from killing your soul. I am loving this one!
The moms bible study I am in is reading, The Shaping of a Christian Family by Elisabeth Elliot.
It is fantastic so far. I love anything by her. Because if you can have your husband sphered by a tribe and then move back and lead them all to Christ.... I'll listen to anything you have to say!

Anyway, I'll let you know my reviews on these books after I finish. I have just had to MAKE time to read. It was my excuse for years and now its baloney. I cut back my time on the computer and television and there is plenty of time! And spent way more importantly!

1 comment:

The Riddle's said...

Glad you found a good community! These books look great.

Popular Posts