2/16/11

The Last Days

We were apart of an amazing small group when we lived in Canton with North Point Community Church. We not only naturally clicked with everyone in the group, we all lived close to eachother and really did life together. Everyone was so open and we experienced seeing people be real. Our friendships have remained and for that I am blessed.

One of my dear friends from the group, Sara, has had a tremendous year. And by tremendous, I mean going through major hardships and still clinging so close to God. Sara's mother has been battling cancer and specifically, the past year it has gone downhill. You can read Sara's blog here about her family's journey through fighting this. Also on top of this, she found out that her 1 1/2 year old son has severe to profound loss of hearing. Meaning that he is mostly deaf.

Sara is a huge woman of faith in my life because despite dealing with her mother, who by the way also lives far away, Sara has packed up her 2 small children and made the drive over and over to go be with her mom. When she is at home recently, all she is dealing with is her son's doctor appointments and figuring out her son's future.

And today it happened. Sara got called home last week to be with her mother and sent the following email today:

"...For those of you I have not had the opportunity to talk to, I was called home last week to be with mom as her condition had severely worsened since my last trip 10 days before. I am heartbroken to share these are her final days but feel very fortunate to be able to love on and take care of her while she is still with us. We have chosen to keep her at home, but hospice is stopping by to make sure she is as pain free as possible.

Since many of you have asked how we are...we're getting by. Let's just say God's grace has been sufficient! There have been many tears and the heartbreak at times is unbearable, but there has also been laughter and love! "...

Would you please join me in prayer for my friend Sara? My heart physically hurts for her and her family. I can't imagine spending the last days with my mother. I know she would appreciate any encouraging comments in the days ahead. Sara is a loving, truthful friend and her mother has fought an inspiring battle.

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Heb. 4:16 KJV

No comments:

Popular Posts