4/12/11

Worst Mother of the Year

I am calling myself that because poor little Mackenzie has been going potty since she was 15 months old. For whatever reason, she is obsessed with going pee-pee in the potty. For months now, she would come running up to me and say, "Mommmmmmmyyyy!! Need to go pee pee in the pottttyyyy!!" And do you know what my response was, "It's okay sweetie, just goooo in your diaper, okay?!!" What mother says that? Me, that is who. You see, I believe it's more that the mother has to be emotionally stable than the child. Ha! And that I am not! I was just not ready for 2 small children and potty breaks in public places. Especially since little girls can't stand up when they pee. So, I finally gave in. I pumped myself up and leave it to my mother to finally confront me and say, "Jennifer! Potty trian that poor child before she looses interest!" And she is right, M was so excited about it she basically potty trained herself. I'm so sorry for anyone out there who is in this stage. I pray one of your children will be easy to train, as David was not a walk in the park like her... Anyway, we took a much needed family vacation 2 weeks ago. Yes, I brought my own baby potty and she went in it during our roadtrip. Nothing like the smell of urine while you are all in a minivan. We went to Beech Mountain, where Tim's sweet grandparents have a vacation home there. It was breath-taking! It's been 2 years since we have gone. Well, I knew it might be cold in the mountains, but we got 4 inches of snow!!! Not quite the warm, sunny trip I had envisioned, but the kids had a field day! We watched movies, tv, read books, went sledding, drank 2 boxes of hot cocoa, played boardgames, went out to eat every night, and SLEPT!! It was everything and more that a vacation should be. The kids are 4 and 2 and at the most fun age ever. I can't wait to travel more all together. Here are the pics! And yes, we did fly a kite in the snow when it was 27 degrees and we also got to hear "snow thunder"!











1 comment:

katie davis said...

oh no worries. i've said "just go in your diaper" to avoid public toilets. i don't even feel bad about it. neither should you=)

Popular Posts